Salem Presbytery Stated Clerk
336.766.3393 ext. 132
- Session Minutes Reviews - Session minutes will be reviewed in accordance with the following calendar. Clerks of Session should bring any minutes needing annual review, even those for years prior to 2018. You may attend any review session, even one outside your “neighborhood”.
- Tuesday, February 12 - Guilford Park Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, following the adjournment of the meeting of Presbytery
- Sunday, February 17, 2:00pm - Community in Christ-Presbyterian, 5401 Liberty Road, Greensboro 27406 (targeted for the Guilford and Randolph county churches)
- Sunday, February 24, 2:00pm - Franklin Presbyterian Church, 280 Franklin Church Drive, Salisbury 28147 (targeted for Rowan, Davie, and Davidson county churches)
- Sunday, March 3, 2:00pm - St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 357 Old Hollow Road, Winston-Salem 27105 (targeted for Forsyth, Stokes, and Rockingham county churches)
- Sunday, March 10, 2:00pm - First Presbyterian Church (Statesville), 125 North Meeting Street, Statesville 28677 (targeted for Iredell and Yadkin county churches)
- Sunday, March 17, 2:00pm - North Wilkesboro Presbyterian Church, 804 E Street, North Wilkesboro 28659 (targeted for the West Neighborhood churches)
- Sunday, March 24, 2:00pm - Cross Roads Presbyterian Church, 3302 North NC 119, Mebane 27302 (targeted for Alamance, Caswell, and Chatham county churches)
- Tuesday, May 14 - Taylorsville Presbyterian Church, Taylorsville, following the adjournment of the meeting of Presbytery.
Session minutes reviews, through the office of the Stated Clerk, are required by the Book of Order. We have a checklist for the review above. This checklist covers the main components that should be in a church’s minutes, or a notation on why something is not included or recorded differently. The minutes are for the congregation; presbytery interest is to help assure that minutes are complete and accurate. Our meetings are not an examination; rather, it is a review. Copies of a church’s minutes are not required nor desired by presbytery.
Annual financial review guide
with thanks to Pittsburgh Presbytery