Salem Presbytery Stated Clerk
336.766.3393 ext. 132
- Session Minutes Reviews - Session minutes will be reviewed in accordance with the following calendar. Clerks of Session should bring any minutes needing annual review, even those for years prior to 2018. You may attend any review session, even one outside your “neighborhood”:
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018 (today), immediately following adjournment of the Presbytery meeting – in the Activity Building at Highland (and conducted by our retired Stated Clerk, Mack Dagenhart)
- Sunday, February 25, 2018, 2:00pm, Unity Presbyterian (Woodleaf) – (targeting Davie, Davidson, and Iredell county churches)
- Sunday, March 4, 2018, 2:00pm, Bethany Presbyterian (Graham) – (targeting Alamance and Chatham county churches)
- Sunday, March 11, 2018, 2:00pm, First Presbyterian-High Point – (targeting Guilford and Randolph county churches)
- Sunday, March 25, 2018, 2:00pm, First Presbyterian-Reidsville – (targeting Caswell and Rockingham county churches)
- Sunday, April 22, 2018, 2:00pm, Rumple Memorial Presbyterian (Blowing Rock) – (targeting West Neighborhood churches)
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018, immediately following adjournment of the Spring meeting of Salem Presbytery – at Alamance Presbyterian (Greensboro).
As this report is prepared, we are nearing the conclusion of the period in which particular church Clerks of Session can input their 2017 statistics. I will provide a brief update as a part of my report to Presbytery.
Sexual Misconduct Prevention – Child/Youth Protection Policy
I will address this matter as a part of my report to Presbytery.
Session minutes reviews, through the office of the Stated Clerk, are required by the Book of Order. We have a checklist for the review above. This checklist covers the main components that should be in a church’s minutes, or a notation on why something is not included or recorded differently. The minutes are for the congregation; presbytery interest is to help assure that minutes are complete and accurate. Our meetings are not an examination; rather, it is a review. Copies of a church’s minutes are not required nor desired by presbytery.
Annual financial review guide
with thanks to Pittsburgh Presbytery